About Me

My photo
South Lake Tahoe, CA, United States
My life is my daughter and here are our stories! But as most of you know my family has grown to three. Our new addition is a baby boy! Skyler, who is on his way.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

November Andventures and Thanksgiving



November has been a crazy month of relocating and establishing residency her in Oregon. I feel as though I have been going 100 mph and running in circles. However finally the dust has settled and life is seaming some what normal. All the finding of doctors, schools/day cares, work, stores and my way around town have come to a comfortable place and I feel life slowing down. Just in time for the holidays of course. Being away from home has been emotional for me but we have in a way started our own family traditions and made the best of Thanksgiving. I was going to make my first turkey but chose not to and the four of us went camping for Turkey Day. Yep, camping. It was a super special experience and tones of fun. I did some cooking at the camp site and we ordered a pre-made turkey that we reheated on the fire grill. The kids had so much fun and for the most part behaved. I am sure all of you are thinking that it was cold but it wasn't. We stayed at Nehalem Bay State Park in between Manzanita and Nehalem Bay OR. It is a large State park right on the ocean that provides tent, trailer, motor home, and YURT camping. We rented a YURT for 3 days, a round rubber like tent with electricity, heat, tables and chairs and beds. YURT stands for year round, universal, recreational, tent. It was a great experience and one that we hope to do again. The kids had so much fun out on the beach, in the yurt, camping, roasting marshmallows and exploring the outdoors. Our first night there two raccoons got into our ice chest withing the first ten minutes we were there so we learned quickly to keep the food inside. It rained part of the time but was also nice a few of the days.

Now that we are home and back to everyday life the pace has picked up a bit. I have finally started my new teaching position at Peace Learning Center and am happy to be back working with children. Not to mention saving money on day care costs. I am teaching in the toddler room on Mondays and Tuesdays and in the 2 1/2- 3 1/2 room with both Braden and Lily on Fridays. Meaning I get WED and THU off to be home with the kids and do my housewife duties.

But now that it is already December I can not wait to return home to Tahoe and see my family for a few days. Lily and I have been preparing for this trip for some time now and I cant wait. However I am also very excited to have our first Christmas here in Oregon as a family.

5 comments:

Krystal: Wife, Mom, Former Sleeper said...

awe sarah!!! your family is beautiful! i am so glad you got the YURT and got to get away for the holiday. when we come visit you, we should all go "camping" together!

i cant wait to see you...9 more days!!!!! and give you and lil the biggest hugs ever!

keep up the good work mama and i hope all is well with your new jobby job!

smooches

Krystal: Wife, Mom, Former Sleeper said...

ps- the picture of you and chris is cute...the black and white one...

YOU ARE SO AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL

Anonymous said...

What a great way to camp! Your family is adorable and I'm glad that you're feeling more settled in. What a big life change you've had this year. Wow! Hug Lily from her great aunt Jenny..hugs to you too.

Jason said...

Im dieing to see what a YURT is like... just the word makes me laugh so I know it would be fun.

Anonymous said...

fun times!